Nonya Kueh & Cake Recipes - Onde Onde Ingredient:
1. 15 screwpine/pandan leaves
2. 350 g glutinous rice flour/tepung pulut (sifted)
3. 200 ml water
4. 300 g palm sugar/gula melaka (chopped)
5. sufficient boiling water (for boiling kueh)
6. 1 coconut (grated white part)
Nonya Kueh & Cake Recipes - Onde-Onde Method Step By Step:
1. Cut the pandan leaves into small pieces and pound. Put the grind leaves in a bowl and pour in 50 ml. of hot water. Allow to stand for 5 minutes, then squeeze through a muslin cloth to extract juice.
2. Put the glutinous rice flour in a bowl. Pour in water and pandan juice; knead till dough is smooth and spongy to the touch.
3. Pinch a small lump of dough; roll into a ball and flatten. Put a little palm sugar in the centre and seal dough. Roll up into a ball.
4. In a pot, bring water to the boil. Drop the onde-onde balls into the boiling water.
5. When the onde-onde balls rise, remove and toss in the grated coconut. Serve on a serving plate.