Nonya Kueh & Cake Recipes - Kueh Kosui Ingredient:
1. 250 g wet rice flour
2. 200 g sago flour
3. 350 ml water
4. 1 grated coconut (grated white part only)
5. ½ tsp alkaline water
6. small moulds
Nonya Kueh & Cake Recipes - Kueh Kosui Syrup Ingredient:
1. 300 g palm sugar/gula melaka
2. 180 g sugar
3. 8 screwpine/pandan leaves
4. 350 ml water
Nonya Kueh & Cake Recipes - Kueh Kosui Method Step By Step:
1. To prepare kueh: Combine both flours with water and grated coconut. Stir well and pour in the alkaline water.
2. To prepare syrup: Mix all the ingredients, boil for 15 minutes and strain syrup.
3. Add syrup gradually to the kueh mixture. Mix till well-combined.
4. Heat up steamer and steam the empty moulds for 5 minutes. Then fill the cups with kuih mixture.
5. Steam kueh for 10 minutes over high heat.
6. Leave kueh to cool in the moulds and then remove.
7. To serve, arrange kueh on a serving plate. Sprinkle with grated coconut.