Nonya Kueh & Cake Recipes - Kueh Koci Dough Ingredients:
1. 700 g glutinous rice flour/tepung pulut
2. 1½ coconuts
3. 600 ml water (to squeeze coconut)
Nonya Kueh & Cake Recipes - Kueh Koci Filling Ingredients:
1. 5 cups castor sugar
2. 150 g palm sugar/gula melaka (finely chopped)
3. 50 ml water
4. 1 coconut (grated white part)
Nonya Kueh & Cake Recipes - Kueh Koci Methods Step By Step:
1. To prepare dough: Mix glutinous rice flour with coconut milk until a dough has formed. Divide dough into 35 equal portions.
2. To prepare filling:
a. Dissolve castor sugar and palm sugar in water.
b. Boil for 10 minutes, strain liquid and place mixture back into the pan; add in the grated coconut.
c. Leave filling to stand and cool completely.
3. Flatten each portion of dough. Fill the dough with 11/2 teaspoonfuls of the filling' and seal up.
4. Fold banana leaf in a shape of a cone. Fill with the sealed up kueh. Repeat till all dough and filling are used up.
5. Place on a steaming tray and steam for 20 minutes.
6. Remove from steamer and allow to cool before serving kueh koci. a few banana leaves (12 cm x 17 cm) (for wrapping kueh)