Nonya Kueh & Cake Recipes - Fried Curry Puffs Filling Ingredient:
1. 1 Bombay onion (finely sliced)
2. 5 tbsp oil
3. 400 g boneless chicken (cut into pieces)
4. 300 g potatoes (peeled & chopped)
5. 100 ml water
6. 250 g mixed vegetables
7. ½ tsp salt
8. 3 tbsp curry powder
9. 50 g coriander leaves/daun ketumbar (finely chopped)
Nonya Kueh & Cake Recipes - Fried Curry Puffs Pastry Ingredient:
1. 450 g plain flour (sifted)
2. 220 g butter
3. 180 ml cold water
4. oil for deep-frying
Nonya Kueh & Cake Recipes - Fried Curry Puffs Method Step By Step:
1. To prepare filling: Fry the sliced onions in oil till brown. Add in the chicken pieces and potatoes. Stir well and pour in water. Simmer for 20 minutes. Add in mixed vegetables, salt and curry powder. Cook for 10 minutes and turn off the heat. Allow filling to cool. Then, add in chopped coriander leaves.
2. To prepare pastry: Combine butter and flour till mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Gradually pour in cold water; knead until a soft dough has formed.
3. Roll out the dough and cut out 10 cm. circles.
4. Place 3 teaspoonfuls chicken curry filling in the centre of the pastry.
5. Wet the sides of the pastry with a little water, then fold together. Press the edges to seal pastry.
6. Heat up oil and deep-fry curry puffs till golden brown. Remove and drain well.
7. Transfer to a serving plate. Serve curry puffs warm or cold.