Almond Layered Cake
Almond Layered Cake Ingredient:
1. 300 g butter
2. 200 g brown sugar
3. 6 eggs (separated)
4. 450 g plain flour
5. 200 g almond paste
Almond Layered Cake Method Step By Step:
1. Combine butter, sugar and egg yolks; beat till creamy.
2. Fold in the flour and combine well.
3. Beat egg whites till stiff and fold into dough.
4. Roll out almond paste to a thickness of 1/2 mm. with a rolling pin. Cut into sizes of a square baking tin.
5. Grease a square baking tin and spread 6 tablespoonfuls into the tin.
6. Bake at 160°C for 8 minutes; spread some almond paste onto the baked layer.
7. Spread some cake dough onto the almond paste layer; bake for another 8 minutes. Repeat this process till all the dough and almond paste are used up.
8. Remove cake from oven. Leave cake to stand overnight. Cut into thin slices before serving.