Nonya Kueh & Cake Recipes - Sweet Potato Balls Ingredient:
1. 500 g sweet potatoes (peeled, boiled & mashed)
2. 100 g cornflour
3. 20 ml water
4. 150 g roasted sesame seeds (roasted in a dry pan)
5. 2 tbsp cornflour (for coating)
6. oil for deep-frying
Nonya Kueh & Cake Recipes - Sweet Potato Balls Filling Ingredient:
1. 1 coconut (grated white part)
2. 100 g palm sugar/ mixed gula melaka (finely chopped)
3. (Mixed the above mention coconut and sugar together)
Nonya Kueh & Cake Recipes - Sweet Potato Balls Method Step By Step:
1. Combine the mashed potatoes with cornflour and water.
2. Roll the mixture into small balls. Press flat and put a little filling in the centre. Seal dough and roll again into balls.
3. Roll sweet potato balls in sesame seeds and dust with cornflour.
4. Deep-fry potato balls till golden brown.
5. Remove from heat. Drain well on a paper towel.
6. Serve while potato balls are still warm.